Fraser Island – Fauna & Flora – Explore the wonders of Fraser Island with a 4WD hire vehicle from Pelican Bookings.
World heritage listed also Fraser Island fauna & flora is the largest sand island in the world, stretching over 123 kilometers in length and 22 kilometer at its widest point. With an area also of 184 000 hectares it is the largest sand island in the world.
The fauna & flora is very protected on Fraser Island and we as a Company do inform our customers not to damage anything also on Fraser ALSO not to feed the birds or dingo’s.
Fraser Island boasts a wealth of natural pristine fresh water lakes including world famous Lake McKenzie, Lake Boomanjin and Lake Allom.
There are also crystal clear creeks, wonderful swimming rock-pools, the amazing coloured sand formations known as The Cathedrals and the Central Station camping area.
On the eastern beach, near Happy Valley you will discover Fraser Island’s own shipwreck – The Maheno also originates from a old dutch hospital ship.
Press also on link below for map of Fraser Island
Fraser Island :
- Furthermore its the worlds biggest sand island
- Also the only place in the word where tall rain forests are found growing on sand dunes of over 200 meters in elevation.
- Listed on the World Heritage rankings, up there with Australia’s Uluru, Kakadu and also the Great Barrier Reef.
- Has over 100 freshwater lakes and crystal clear creeks also on the island
- Place of exceptional beauty with it long uninterrupted white beaches also flanked with beautiful colored sand cliffs.
- More than half of the worlds perched lakes, including also the largest perched lake in the world.
- Fraser Island Fauna and Flora
- Landmarks Fraser Island
- Guided Fishing Fraser Island
- Best Fishing Places around Hervey Bay & Fraser Island